Thursday, April 01, 2010

10 Ultimate Excuses for Calling in Sick...

SUMMARY: Need a few lazy days away from the office? We are only born with so many living Uncles and Grandmas to kill off on a weekly basis, so we sometimes have to be a little more creative.

We all need an occasional day off, and with today’s stressful and hectic schedules it has become more of a necessity than a pleasure. Bosses on the other hand are getting more street savvy these days and are harder to fool. I spent a few hours yesterday looking up blogs and articles for excuses to miss work, and I quite frankly wouldn’t believe a one of them. So in response to your urgent requests for more lazy days away from the office, I have created an ultimate list. There are only so many times our Uncles and Grandmas can die; therefore we must have a generous amount of fillers in between, such as drunken nights out and toilet paper outages. So without further a due, I introduce to you my 10 ultimate excuses for missing work.

10) Please help me; I am at the gas station and I need a raise to make it the rest of the way to work.

9) During auditions for American Idol, my microphone was unexplainably implanted in Simon’s A$$. After I get back from the hospital, I may have to drop by the police station for a few questions.

8) I knew you had either said, “Be on time tomorrow” or “Be on the train in time to take the rest of the week off with a time and a half paid vacation”… oops!

7) I cannot make it in today; my girlfriend’s just gone into labor. If my wife calls tell her I’m sick.

6) I was challenged to a three-legged race to the doctor to remove a foot from my ass… and I lost.

5) I’m a bachelor, have no toilet paper, and ate Mexican buffet last night… need I say more.

4) I was borrowing my brothers SUV down in Mexico, when I realized I didn’t have a brother. Looks like I may be tied up with their local police for a while.

3) I received a letter from the government yesterday apologizing for my death. I probably need to take a few days off to sort some things out…

2) Remember last week I missed a few days of work when my Grandmother died. Well, last night she came back to life during final post-mortem, and we have decided to throw her another wake, since she missed out on the first one.

1) I’m drunk, I’ve fallin’; and I can’t get up!

And there you have it. Just remember to mix them up here and there to keep em’ guessing. THE END

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home